MissingSchool continued to work with ARACY (to finalise the St George Research on school connection for seriously sick kids. Progress across the period included:
- developing and editing the three reports (metrics, models and legislation) and updating and checking data for publication,
- finalising unifying definitions,
- preparing acknowledgments and agreeing on branding,
- arranging peer review by Tony Barnett from Royal Children’s Hospital Education Institute, Jenny Lavoipierre and Megan Jackson, and
- preparing to launch the three reports at a media event by appointing Maggie Lanham PR, choosing a date, preparing an invitation list, deciding venue and sponsorship, and using personal stories.
MissingSchool has formed excellent relationships with researchers working in the area of education connection for seriously sick kids. Across the year we worked with researchers at the University of Canberra, Royal Children’s Hospital Education Institute, and the Victoria Institute, Victoria University.